Students may declare a major within the College of Business at any time. However, to be officially admitted into the College of Business, students must meet these eligibility criteria:
- Complete a minimum of 45 credit hours.
- Earn a GPA of 2.50 or better overall (not including transfer credits) and a grade of “C” or better in all COB courses.
- Demonstrate business computing competency by successful completion grade of “C” or better of MGMT 2103 or ITA 1003 or approved substitution.
- Complete the following courses with a grade of “C” or better:
- ACCT 2803 Principles of Financial Accounting
- ECON 2803 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECON 2813 Principles of Microeconomics
- MGMT 1203 Foundations of Business
- MGMT 2863 Business Communications
- MGMT 2203 Introduction to International Business
- LAW 2003 Legal Environment of Business
- MATH 2403 Survey of Calculus
- STAT 2503 Probability and Statistics I
A student must be admitted to the College of Business before enrolling in any upper-level business courses.
Students previously admitted into the College of Business who have not taken a course at the University for a one-year period must follow the policies of the University with regard to reapplication and updating of catalog year and degree plan.