University of Arkansas – Fort Smith
College of Business
Advances in Business Research Symposium
November 11-12, 2019
Call for Manuscripts
Advances in Business Research (ABR) Symposium will be held Monday, November 11, 2019, and Tuesday, November 12, 2019 under the theme of “Contemporary Issues of Business Research”. The symposium is sponsored by the College of Business, University of Arkansas - Fort Smith, and will be held at the University of Arkansas - Fort Smith, 5210 Grand Avenue, Fort Smith, Arkansas 72913. The symposium provides a forum for exchanging ideas about, identifying emerging trends in, learning new approaches to, and examining issues about the various disciplines of business administration, entrepreneurship, and leadership. Academicians, practitioners, experts, and students in the areas of business administration, entrepreneurship, leadership, and related disciplines are invited to submit manuscripts to be considered for presentations before faculty, staff, students and non-academic professionals. Authors should submit their manuscripts electronically by October 15, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, an abstract submission is acceptable for a quick review.
Who Should Attend
Faculty: Anyone interested in the following areas should attend: Business administration; leadership issues; accounting; management; marketing, advertising and sales; finance; economics; entrepreneurship; family and small business enterprises; business information systems (MIS); business education; business law; business ethics; international business; human resource management; operations management; research/statistics; organizational behavior and theory; organizational development; strategic management policy; technology/innovation; pedagogy; e-commerce; health care administration; non-profit organizations; public administration, business and organizational communication, case studies related to business, decision sciences, taxes, teaching (all areas of business), and cross-disciplinary areas of business with other areas are also encouraged.
Non-Academic Professionals: This symposium is designed to offer corporate executives and managers, entrepreneurs, leaders of not-for-profit organizations, and other professionals an opportunity to increase their awareness about the world of business. This symposium will provide a unique opportunity for these participants to network with peers and other professionals.
Symposium registration fee is $325.00. (This includes meals and refreshments). The symposium welcomes participation of graduate and undergraduate students in any related discipline as session presenters, reviewers, or attendees. Students will find the symposium very stimulating and enlightening. The Symposium registration fee for students is $100.00. To encourage students’ participation in the symposium, faculty who sponsor student(s) to attend and/or participate in the symposium will be charged a registration fee of only $275.00. For group rates, five or more participants from the same university/college, the registration fee will be $275.00 per person.
Types of Submissions
- Research Papers: Completed research papers in any of the topic areas listed above.
- Abstracts: Abstracts of completed or proposed research in any of the topic areas listed above or related areas. The abstract for proposed research should include the research objectives, proposed methodology, and a discussion of expected outcomes.
- Student Papers: Research done by students in any of the topic areas listed above or related areas.
- Case Studies: Case studies in any of the topic areas listed above or related areas.
- Work-in-Progress or Proposals for Future Research: Incomplete research or ideas for future research in order to generate discussion and feedback in any of the topic areas listed above or related areas. Also, reports related to innovative instruction techniques or research related to any of the topic areas listed above.
- Publications: Advances in Business Research Symposium makes available two publication outlets. Presenters may submit their manuscripts for inclusion in Advances in Business Research Proceedings. Also, presenters may submit their manuscripts for review and possible inclusion in Advances in Business Research Journal (listed in Cabell’s Publishing). Please visit ABR website for more information. Details regarding publication opportunities will be discussed in a session during the Symposium.
- Best Manuscript Award: One manuscript will receive the best manuscript award. Also, the winning manuscript will receive an expedited review by Advances in Business Research Journal.
Direct inquiries to:
Dr. Mohamed Zainuba
Advances in Business Research Symposium