COB’s Dean’s Leadership Council (DLC) held its fall meeting for the 2018-2019 academic year on October 19th in the Latture Conference Center in the College of Business. The meeting brought together DLC members, COB faculty and university leaders to review the “state of the university and college”.
Dean Ashok Subramanian welcomed participants and outlined the agenda for the breakfast meeting. UAFS Interim Chancellor Edward Serna discussed the challenges facing the university in terms of enrollments, as well as the initiatives being undertaken to address them. The Dean of COB followed with an update on enrollment trends within the college.
Bill Hanna and Dr. Jim Beard gave a presentation entitled “Leadership in Times of Disruption and Uncertainty” and focused on the importance of building Social License to Operate in order to successfully navigate the current business context.
Ashok stated, “These meetings provide us an opportunity to discuss issues we face as an institution with key members of the community, and to get their insight as we adapt to the changing environment in higher ed. Our aim as a college is to be more responsive to market requirements as we revise our programs and initiatives, and to share our expertise and knowledge with our business stakeholder community.”
The Dean’s Leadership Council is comprised of business and community leaders from the Fort Smith region whose role is “to establish, enhance, and reinforce relationships between the COB and the business community. The DLC exists to help the College of Business attain its vision by providing advice and input to the dean and business faculty as they strive toward the continuous improvement of quality business education,” according to the DLC webpage.
A full list of current DLC members includes:
- Leah Aikey, Sr. Manager Internal Controls/ Corp Accounting, ArcBest
- Tim Allen, COO, Fort Smith Chamber of Commerce
- Brenda Altman, President, Business Insurance Consultants, Inc.
- Doug Babb, Retired, Cooper Clinic
- Rick Beauchamp, Partner, Norris Taylor & Co.
- Russell E. Bragg, Sr. Vice President, O.K. Industries
- Erin K. Gattis, VP - Human Resources, ArcBest
- Sasha Grist, Executive Director, Western Arkansas Planning & Development District
- Robert Halliburton, Sr. Vice President, Chambers Bank
- Barbara Hambrick, Managing Member, Beall Barclay & Company, PLC
- Bill Hanesworth, COO, Littlefield Oil
- Bill Hanna, President, Hanna Oil & Gas
- Rich Krutsch, Vice President - People Services, ArcBest
- Jeremy May, Lead Marketing Analyst, Special Projects, ArcBest
- Casey Millspaugh, Account Manager, UPS
- George Moschner, Retired, Baldor Electric
- Rusty Myers, Retired, Western Arkansas Planning & Development District
- Michael Newcity, VP/CFO, ArcBest
- Ivy Owen, Executive Director/CEO, Fort Chaffee Redevelopment Authority
- James Reed, President/CEO and Director, USA Truck
- Doug Rogers III, Retired, Bruce-Rogers Company
- Mark Rumsey, Chairman, Zero Mountain, Inc.
- Sam Sicard, President, First National Bank of Fort Smith
- John Taylor, Sr. Vice President/Investments, Stiefel
- Fred Williams, Chairman, Williams/Crawford & Associates
- Tony Wilson, Member Service Representative, Arkansas Valley Electric Coop
- Larry Zigerelli, President/CEO, FFO Home