Accounting Technology Requirements
Accounting Majors at UAFS – Electronic Device Policy
Policy Statement: All accounting majors enrolled in upper-level Accounting classes in Fall of 2014 will be required to have their own Apple iPad for use in these classes.
WHAT IS REQUIRED?
At a minimum, you must have an Apple iPad2 or newer tablet with
- 16 GB or more of memory/storage
- Wifi enabled
- iTunes account for purchase of apps required for classroom use
Some of the key reasons to adopt the Apple iPads for classroom use include the following:
- students need to be familiar with tablet technology used by accountants and other business professionals
- students using iPads in the pilot program experienced a higher level of engagement with the material than in previous semesters.
- Students can benefit from taking notes and writing out homework problems by hand which has been proven to improve learning
- Students will be able to utilize a popular productivity tool and explore new ways to use these devices.
- Students will be able to save significant cost of textbooks through the use of e-books and still be able to highlight text and take margin notes like you do with hard copy books.