- Dean’s Leadership Council members will utilize their experience and expertise to develop and support ways and means of advancing the reputation of the College of Business (COB) and UAFS in the region, the state, the nation, and worldwide.
- Dean’s Leadership Council members will aid the College of Business in defining, developing, and realizing its goals and will serve as ongoing consultants to the COB in the development and revision of strategy, programs, and curricula.
- Dean’s Leadership Council members will identify opportunities for partnerships between the College of Business and the business community through activities such as:
- developing student internships and employment opportunities
- exploring faculty and student consulting opportunities
- involving faculty members in practical business problems through developmental opportunities, the Small Business and Technology Development Center, the Family Enterprise Center, etc.
- arranging for guest speakers from industry and other types of student-business interactions
- supporting outreach and funding operations
- bringing students into direct contact with business leaders (e.g., mentoring relationships, sponsoring business luncheons, etc.)
- Dean’s Leadership Council members will keep the College of Business informed of timely trends, developments, and new directions in business to enable the COB to incorporate “real world” issues into curricula, programs, and the classroom.
- Dean’s Leadership Council members will provide broad assistance in the College of Business efforts to secure financial support by identifying fund raising opportunities, making introductions, offering feedback on current development activities and prospects, and presenting our needs and achievements to prospective contributors and businesses.
- Dean’s Leadership Council members will provide general advice and suggestions regarding student programs and activities.
- Dean’s Leadership Council members will provide a forum for the exchange of different perspectives between business executives and academicians with the goal of advancing business education and research and enhancing the student learning experience.