The Certificate in Professional Sales leads students through a three-course sequence allowing them to actively learn, practice, develop, expand, and improve upon the skills and competencies necessary for success in professional sales careers.
Forbes magazine reported recently that sales positions rank as the second best job for new college graduates with an average starting salary of $48,500.
Current faculty for the Certificate in Professional Sales program bring not only academic qualifications, but also decades of business practice in sales, marketing and account management.
- Explore selling strategies from the perspective of a professional customer problem-solving approach. Practical exposure to selling concepts and techniques in a variety of selling situations.
- Develop professional selling techniques focused upon specific knowledge areas and skills that contribute to competitive advantage, long-term customer relations, and customer satisfaction.
- Learn sales management skills and practices including selection of personnel; territory/customer analysis; forecasting; dealing with ethical issues.
The Certificate in Professional Sales includes the following three courses. “Introduction to Professional Selling” is the first course in the sequence; the remaining courses may be taken in any order.
- MKTG 3003 Introduction to Professional Selling
- MKTG 3103 Advanced Professional Selling
- MKTG 3173 Sales Management
View the degree plan for the CP-Professional Sales.